As a family, we love our greens. However, as winter arrives green salads can really lose their appeal when you’re wanting something a little more hearty but still with the greens! Well here it is. It's really easy and again uses fresh herbs that seem to be prolific in the herb garden over winter – parsley and mint (you can also use coriander).
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups of fresh herbs (parsley, mint or coriander)
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the three cups of cooked quinoa into a salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the freshly chopped herbs, red onion and lemon juice – allow to marinate for 5 minutes then add the olive oil.
- Combine the herb mixture into the quinoa and toss to combine.
- Season well with salt and pepper.